History of Our College

Go down

History of Our College

Post  Asit on Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:35 pm

The college was established in 1959 by the efforts and sacrifices of some local enthusiasts with only Pre-University Arts Class and functioned under private management in Vinod Bhawan. Two years later the location was shifted to the present site, on the Cuttack-Sambalpur NH with plenty of shady mango tress in a temporary accommodation till 1963. After then a permanent structure was erected and the three streams Arts, Commerce & Science were opened. The management of the college was taken over by Government of Orissa from 1st February 1967. Starting only with 64 students, presently the college has strength of more than 2500 students in 22 classes. In the year 2002 the college became AUTONOMOUS, and various committees were constituted for improving the Organization and Management of the College.

Source : College Calendar

_________________
Asit Mishra
avatar
Asit
Admin

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-08-04

View user profile http://dklautocollege.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum